/// CAD DESIGN ENGINEER
The RacingLine Group is always growing, and we're looking for an enthusiastic graduate CAD Design Engineer to join our busy team at the forefront of developing industry-leading performance parts upgrades. This is a great opportunity to join our team and learn from the best, and hopefully to develop your career further with us as the company, and our product range, continues to expand.
We'd love to find someone with a passion for all things automotive, who has an in-built understanding of what is 'just perfect' for our performance parts range around the world. Attention to detail, and a drive to excel in their design work is vital.
The successful candidate will be an important part of the dynamic and wide-ranging RacingLine Group of companies, joining a successful, enthusiastic and happy team of professionals.
Job Title: CAD Design Engineer
Experience: Automotive / New Graduate
Location: UK Midlands
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Hours: 40 per week
We are currently recruiting for a graduate CAD Design Engineer to join our team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Development Director, this is a key role where the successful individual will be responsible for taking a range of performance automotive designs from initial concepts through to volume production.
This will involve working closely with a range of customers to interpret their requirements and deliver engineered solutions within cost design and timing targets. Duties will include working within project teams to undertake a wide range of mechanical, composite and some electrical design projects for a broad customer base.
You will be responsible for Component design and detailing using CAD Software. In this role you will attend design reviews to present design ideas and to discuss and critique alternative design solutions. In conjunction with the project technical brief you will deliver design solutions that fulfil customer requirements within budget and strict time lines, with immaculate attention to detail. You will work closely with purchasing and production to ensure cost and manufacturing capability is built in.
You should be qualified to degree level at 2.1 Honours or better in Mechanical automotive, electrical or aerospace engineering. You will have strong attention to detail, with a good level of CAD literacy - a working knowledge of Solidworks or CATIA V5 would be advantageous. You will have a good ability to use your own initiative, manage your own workload and projects and have a working knowledge of proprietary PC softwares such as MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
To be successful in this role you will have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a drive for success.
* Experience of Automotive design using CAD Software (all considered). Working knowledge of CATIA V5 / Solidworks would be advantageous.
* Experience and knowledge of Engine packaging – including pipes, brackets, tubes, hoses etc.
* Using CAD software, you will design and oversee development of components from initial calculations and scanned data.
* Perform some hand calcs, work with manufacturing and materials engineers to ensure integrity of design.
* Conduct design reviews with the team and offer fresh ideas and innovations for the products.
* Travel to suppliers and customers as and when required.
* Working as part of a team and spending time reviewing the products in meetings.
* Involvement in the product design is essential.
Skills and Experience:
* Consideration will be given to candidates with transferable skills
* You will need to be creative and offer ideas and innovations to present to the business.
* Loyal and enthusiastic to the business and passionate in what you deliver.
Think you have what it takes? We'd love to hear from you. Please email your CV and a covering letter telling us why you think you're right for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org